Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Bag

It was a quiet weekend in our little "empty nest". DH cleaned flower beds for me so they are ready for planting spring and summer flowers. I noticed yesterday that I have one daffodil bloom. After a long, hard winter....spring really is on the way!

I managed to do a little sewing this weekend. I made another one of the bucket bags. I used Andrea's instructions, but this time I used a 3 1/2 inch square making the bag a little larger. I also shortened the handles and changed the shaping at the top a little. Here's the bag I made.
And for comparison, here's a picture of the first bag I made a few weeks ago using Andrea's exact instructions.

Maybe you can see the changes I made where the handles join the bag. I am planning to make another one of these and I am going to use much smaller squares to make a much smaller bag. Thanks to Andrea for sharing her tutorial in June 2007.

I also knitted 3 dish clothes as DH and I were watching tv in the evening.

This is my favorite pattern. I don't like a real thick cloth and with the holes in this one, it doesn't seem as thick as some of the others I have knitted. I plan to knit these throughout the year so I will have them on hand to give as small Christmas gifts. As you can see, I still need to weave in those little yarn tails!

5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Wow, those bags are great! I've heard of these knit dish cloths, but how are they to use? You just use them like a regular dish rag? And wash them in the machine?

Norma said...

I really like your colors in the yellow and orchid bag. It seems like a more usable size too. It makes me think that Spring is on your mind at the moment? What do you use to make your dishcloths?

Laura said...

Your bags are so pretty!!!! I love the colors you've used!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love your bags. They look like they will hold a lot. I'll have to check out Angela's instructions.

Samantha said...

I have a few of those dishcloths that my grandmother crocheted, I guess it's the same idea. They work really well and seem to last much longer than the ones you buy in the store.