Saturday, January 14, 2012

This and that...

Thanks to those of you who e-mailed and welcomed me back to blogging! I truly appreciate knowing I was missed. I will try to do better at posting. Please realize that I may not be able to show much new on the quilting front since all my work is now done by hand, but I will show what I'm doing and the slow progress I am making. That said, it won't be this week since I lost my camera on the last trip home for the holidays. Our little town of 6,000 doesn't offer a lot of shopping opportunities for cameras and electronics, so yesterday DH and I drove 1 1/2 hrs. to a bigger town where those things are readily available. DH found a replacement camera for me. Next week I may be able to post a few pictures of my Cathedral Windows blocks.

In addition to sewing, I am preparing for a move. We have been living in our current apartment here in AU for 2 years. Our lease was up in October and our landlord wanted a sizable increase in rent, so we elected to move rather than pay the increase. Our unit was completely furnished, but the bed has given us a backache since we moved in. We offered to pay for 1/2 the cost of a new mattress, but the landlord refused. We can't see paying a rent increase and still having a bed that gives us a bad backache. The new unit has a nice bed, is larger than where we now live, and has a view of the lake. It will cost a little more, but it's a price we are willing to pay for a bed that doesn't give us a backache. The new landlord is a nice person who will work to keep his property in the best shape possible. We are the kind of renters who take care of the property we rent as if it were our own home. The unit we are leaving is in better shape than when we took possession. We have repaired some things that were not working (at our own expense), but I guess the fact that we took care of the place means nothing.

Since I don't have any pictures of sewing related projects to share this week, I will share a photo I took in September. We are in a farming area and this is what the country side looked like in the spring. The lovely yellow you see in the photo is fields of canola in bloom. They raise a lot of it in this area and the yellow fields are beautiful in the spring. What is really difficult for me is the fact that I took this picture in early September........it was early spring here.....but my mind keeps telling me that it should be fall since I have always lived in the northern hemisphere. September is my birth month and my birthday was always in the fall!

Next week I promise something sewing related.....that is if I can figure out the new camera.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: