Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Bird's Eye View

I was up early this morning and saw something strange on the roof of the house across the street from mine. What is that thing???? Yep, that's right....it is the Blue Heron that goes fishing in the pond by my house. I guess he was trying to get a real "bird's eye view" of things from his perch up there. I snapped a picture. Hope you can see him. He is in the center of the photo. It should enlarge if you click on the photo.


I did spend some time in my sewing room yesterday working on a few things that have been laying around for a while. Remember the sample I showed from the hand quilting class I took back in May. Well this is what I decided to do with it. I'll put it on the bed in the room that was once DS's. And yes, there is a fold bag in the bottom portion of the photo.


I also have some canvas that I had bought a couple years ago with the plans of making a bag. I decided yesterday was the day to do it. I didn't use a pattern and I didn't line it as this is going to become a bag to take the grocery store to cut down on the number of plastic bags that come home with me. I think it turned out pretty nice....don't you. It should work well for groceries and produce. I still have one more to make, but I need to buy more webbing for the handles.

9 comments:

dot said...

Your pillow is wonderful. I like the idea of the bag. While I was surfing the web I saw where someone made grocery bags out of fabric. Clever idea.

loulee said...

Your pillow is very pretty. Bravo for you for making a grocery bag, I have several bags which go with me everytime I do a big shop! :-)

~Bren~ said...

The bird is incredible! You can really see it if you click on the picture! Your pillow looks great!! I love canvas bags for the grocery store.

SuBee said...

Great picture of the heron - aren't they just so majestic looking?

Andrea said...

Lovely hand quilting on the cushion ! Next step - a king size wholecloth quilt ? lol !

corry said...

Beautiful pillow! Great idea to use a canvas bag instead of plastic. And good for the environment as well!

Rose Marie said...

The Heron looks so majestic standing on your roof! You go girl...you do a mean job of hand-quilting.

Norma said...

I like the design on the pillow, and your stitches are wonderful.


I have canvas bags that I bought for the grocery store in the car, and I can NEVER remember to take them IN the store with me. I will have to work on that one! (most of the time my list is on the kitchen counter too! LOL)

Sue said...

Love that pillow, I really like doing things like that. Yours came out great!