Thursday, November 29, 2007

As you can see, I'm not being very regular at posting these days. I am busy though. I continue to do needlework that I have to complete before Christmas. Believe me....I'm not idle!!

This is what I'm doing today. Can you guess what's in the bowl???????????????????????????????
?
?
?
?
?
?









Bread for lunch sandwiches. Since DH eats food with his pepper, so I decided to experiment a little with my dough today. I added about a teaspoon of lemon pepper, a dash of garlic powder, and a dash of red pepper. I'll let you know how the finished product turns out. I've taken a snip of the dough to taste....and that's good, so I'm hoping the bread will be too.

I'm also trying to prepare for another major event that happened in our lives during the month of December almost 28 years ago. DH and I got to bring this home on Christmas Day.
Isn't she sweet!! We got to bring DD home from the hospital on Christmas Day all bundled up in a red flannel stocking.....which she no longer fits in anymore! Through the years I've worked hard to make sure her birthday was a real birthday celebration....and not just a part of the Christmas festivities. It is going to be a little more challenging to do that this year. Does she look like a law school graduate?? I would never in a million years thought that's what she would end up doing....but she did!

1 comment:

Norma said...

What a great photo, and what a great stocking stuffer!

I stood out in the driveway talking to my DD while my bread was rising at Thanksgiving. It spilled over the side of the pan and went flat. I tried to just turn it up onto the loaf but when it started baking, off it went again. Bad news was the loaf was ugly and small, good news was it still tasted good and the part that fell off on to the oven rack was crusty and wonderful. (first time that happened to me in over 35 years of bread making!) I like th idea of the lemon pepper, I will have to give it a try.