Friday, November 2, 2007

Just a quick post to say we're back from visiting family in TX. It was a hectic visit seeing my mom, siblings and their families; then to visit DH parents, sibling and their families. So many people to see in such a short time frame! When we got home, I spent all week trying to sort through the mountain of junk mail, getting all the dirty clothes washed, and getting food in the house again. Before long, we'll be off on another trip.

Guess I don't have to even mention that I hadn't picked up a needle in a long time. Yesterday I went to my monthly quilting group that meets at our public library. That was the first time to sew in a very long time. I got one more flower appliqued on the center medallion of DD's quilt. I will try to get an updated picture posted soon. I don't know how regular my posts are going to be because I have a lot on my plate between now and Christmas.

I have a major project to complete for DS's Christmas gift. He got his own apt. in June when he started his job and he has NO furniture to speak of. I bought a cute unfinished dining table and 4 chairs that I am going to stain and finish for him. I'm starting on that today and it must be complete before mid-Dec. I'll try to take pics as I work and share my progress. The wonderful part of this is when it is finished.....I get to deliver it to him in person!! We are going to visit the kids in MD and VA for Christmas. It will be my first time to see both of them since May. I'm so excited!!