Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving a day late. Seems I'm always a little late doing things these days.

It was a quiet day yesterday at our house. Just DH and I for dinner. This was our first Thanksgiving with no kids. I was please that they were both able to get together at DD's apt and cook dinner together. I sure would like to have been a fly on the wall to see them cooking! Even though we had no kids here, I still cooked a nice dinner for us.

On the menu was chicken and dressing, cranberry sauce, twice baked potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans with yogurt sauce, cucumber salad, homemade rolls with butter. Here's a look at DH's plate. He was a nice guy and set the table. We waddled from the table to the recliners and slept the afternoon away! Then, watched March of the Penguins last night as we were still sitting in the recliner.


We had our first snow on Wed. afternoon. Big fluffy flakes. Not enough to accumulate, but enough to make the commute home on Wed. evening tough. There were several accidents due to icing. It was 15F this morning. I guess winter is here. It was a beautiful fall though. Lots of color. Here's a picture I took a few days ago of the trees beside my house.
I have been very busy. The table and chairs are finished. I will take pictures of those later today and share them in my next post. I have also been doing some sewing. I've made a flannel rag quilt for DD. I am doing the clipping of the seams on that right now. Then I have to wash and dry it so the seams will fray a bit. I have also done a little work on the center medallion....which I keep promising to show you an updated photo. I do promise! I will take photos this afternoon and get them posted. In addition to these projects, I've been doing some knitting. I won't tell you about those, I'll just go downstairs right now and take pictures!!!

No comments: