Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!!

I've been busy the last few days. DH has the week off from work and when he is here...my usual schedule goes topsy turvy.

Our neighborhood was ablaze last night with fireworks. I have never lived anywhere that you could buy and pop fireworks within the city. They are legal for 4 days and churches and other organizations use it to make funds. Every place I have lived, they are not allowed except as a show for the public put on by the city. Our neighbors where setting off things that sound like huge bombs. Embers were raining down everywhere. I heard one neighbor tell the other that he had spent over $800 on fireworks! DH and I want to go away for a couple of days, but I will not leave until after the 4th when all this stops. I'm all for an organized show. I love those, but this business of worrying about whether or not your house will burn down is not fun!

I did manage to get a 3 swags sewn on my center medallion. I will try to get a picture of my progress posted soon. I also am going to try to take some pics of how I make my rushing. I have had some people ask about that. It is not hard....but it sure looks as if it is. It may next week before I get this done as we are going to most likely be away from home a few days after tomorrow.

Again, everyone have a happy and safe 4th!!

No comments: