Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's a sad day at my house. Look what came today.

I was expecting packers this morning, but not the moving van. Since DD's things were no where near a full load, they did it all by 1pm today. It's very tough going in her room as it is empty...except for the bed. Down the hall, DS's is almost as bad. We sent some of his things on the van with hers as he lives 4 hrs. from her. Reality is setting in that they won't get to come home very often anymore and all those familiar things from their childhood that sat around in their rooms is now gone to live with them. They are about 1100 miles away now. We have always been a close family, so this is difficult for me. Thank goodness for the family cellphone plan!!!

5 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Oh Belvie, I can't imagine how you feel. Just know that they love you and will come visit. And yes...thank God for family plans!

Darlene said...

Consider yourself ((hugged)) - a true empty nest is very difficult. I feel your pain!

~Bren~ said...

Belvie, I tagged you for a meme game. Visit my blog for the rules. Bren

Mary Johnson said...

Both my boys are in the Atlanta area - there aren't many things I don't like about living in Minneapolis but being so far away from them is one.

Sue said...

I can't imagine, all my kiddos are still home and my youngest may never leave (she has Down Syndrome.)

Thank goodness for email and cell phones!

hugs :)