Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I have been working on the center medallion for DD's quilt. The swags are now all sewn on. Today I am planning to sew on 4 ruched flowers. I had them pinned on in an earlier photo that I posted of this block, but today they will become permanently stitched on! If I have a good day, I will begin to add the other flowers out on the swags. Here's a progress photo.


I had so many thoughts of good things to write about before the ordeal of movers. Now my brain doesn't want to think or work so I guess I will just give it the vacation it desires. I hope there are others who have times like that. Maybe it is summer that is making me that way. I just move slow when it is hot.

In a usual summer, we have already had lots of days with very hot temps, but we have only had a few days above 90F. Today we are to be 95F and be humid. A good day to make sure I stay around air conditioning. Guess I shouldn't complain at all because Darlene in AZ has really been hot. I'm already looking forward to fall. That's my favorite time of the year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful block Belvie. Don't worry those good things to write about will come back to you, it's only a temporary blank moment.

~Bren~ said...

Your center medallion is spectacular. That empty nest thing can hit you on and off I think. Just wait it out and God will send something very soon to excite you!

Andrea said...

Your block is looking fabulous ! That applique looks very difficult to me. I have only done basic applique and have yet to master it properly !