Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's going to be a hot day again at my house...and the grass needs mowing. In addition to being a "domestic goddess", I'm also the lawn service! I plan to get out early this morning and get those lawn duties taken care of....then place my fluffy backside in a chair with a glass of ice tea and some stitching for the rest of the day.

Since I don't have anything new stitched to share, I will show you another of my botanical blocks. This is the very first block I stitched in this series. The reason there are two of them with different backgrounds is because I couldn't decide what I wanted when I first started the class. I knew I wanted something yellow, so I did it on a solid yellow until I selected my final background. That took me almost 3 months to decide. I then went back and stitched the flower again on the batik background I selected. I tried to get the flower as close to the one on the solid yellow as I could. I will make the solid yellow into a wall hanging or a pillow top. This block is "Pinks".

3 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Beautiful blocks. Same pattern, but the backgrounds give such different feel to them. I like them both. I think the yellow one would be a beautiful panel for the front of a bag.

Rose Marie said...

Another great block. The spare one would look great in an applique sampler quilt also.

Andrea said...

Both lovely ! I couldn't choose one over the other !