Monday, July 30, 2007

It seems I'm in a rut lately. The only sewing I managed to do this weekend was some mending that I have been putting off for so long. I absolutely hate doing mending work. I would rather sew a whole new garment than mend one! So, I have no pictures to share of an interesting project or stitchery.

Today is my day to run errands....the grocery store, cleaners, etc. Not chores I consider fun either, but they have to be done.

Since I have no new photos to share, I will share another Botanical block. This is the second one I did and I also did two of this one since I had not chosen my background. I think this one is one of my favorites. The leaves were all cut from one piece of batik except for the dark purple. This is reminds me of the Solomon's Seal that grew in my yard in Virginia. The designer called this one St. Andrew's Cross. My color choices would not be accurate for either plant. My color choices for all of these have just been whatever I felt like using and not for botanical accuracy. Again, I stitched the one on yellow background first, then the one on batik.

4 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Those blocks are gorgeous. I hate a slump. Sometimes it just takes picking up the needle and pushing through. I get inspiration back fro m going to a lqs or seeing other quilter's works of art. Your applique inspires me to pick up the Masterpiece block which I have been avoiding.

Wendy said...

You've got to get out of that slump...not more mending for you. Maybe looking through some books and magazines will help you get back on track.
Your applique is absolutely gorgeous.
Good Luck!

Andrea said...

I usually find if I'm in slump that a good sort out of my fabrics does the trick. Just re-folding and putting different colourways together works like magic. Or another way is to start a completely new project - just a small one so it doesn't become a UFO. I have a pile of mending too -I'm doing my best to ignore it -HA!

Sue said...

add me to the 'hates to mend' list. I'd rather do just about anything than mend clothing, I think.

I LOVE that block!