Monday, August 20, 2007

I made some more of the muslin foundations for my Cathedral Window quilt last night, so I really don't have any pictures to share today.

Each year at this time I watch the Little League World Series. That's what I was doing as I stitched last night. I don't watch professional baseball, but I like watching the little guys who play simply because they love baseball. No big salaries...just a love of playing the game. My grandmother always loved watching baseball. She watched the pros though. As a little girl, I can remember her getting so excited and yelling at the tv as she watched on Sunday afternoons. She passed away suddenly at the age of 85 at home in her rocker and they believe she was watching a baseball game. I always found comfort in thinking about that because I know she was doing something that she enjoyed and that she wasn't sick and suffering for a long time. She has been gone for many years now, but I think of her each time I watch these little guys play.

2 comments:

~Bren~ said...

We watched the Little league World Series last night too...The Cubs were on rain delay!

Sue said...

One of my favorite things is quilting when baseball is on. I've been watching with my Dad since I was a little girl, now my own kids are all into baseball (particularly the Cubs!)



I love your Cathedral Windows piece, it brings back memories of a Christmas where I made ornamanets with the technique...many many ornaments! LOL.

Your Conway Album still inspires me, I have two big projects that I'd love to do...one the Conway Album, the other from a pattern I bought at a retreat with pieced blocks and a beautiful applique border....maybe after Christmas!