Friday, August 10, 2007

TaaDaa! It's done.....and here are some pics.

I wanted something small that I could carry just a few things like credit card, a little cash, driver's license, etc. (so my hands will be free to pull bolts of fabric from the shelves at the quilt shop!) Vogue had a pattern with this small neck pouch that is really meant for carrying ID and passport when traveling. I thought it would be perfect for my purpose, but I think I will make another later and make my own adjustments. As you can see it has a nice small pocket with a clear plastic window for driver's license and credit card. There is a small piece of velcro at the top so those items are securely in the pocket. All the other pockets do not have any fastners. That is one thing I will change if I make this one again. Also, the other pockets are a bit deep, so if you need to put small items there....it will be a bit challenging to get them out. It has 2 pockets on the back and 2 on the front. If you know a little about sewing, this pattern was easy, but if you are a beginner....in my opinion.....the instruction weren't written as clearly as they should have been. But, it's made.....it's a bag.....and I am planning to try another using some of the other fabric in my post from yesterday.....so I guess I can say, I'm dealing with my bagophobia issues.

My reason for trying to find a small bag is that I have been having pain in my shoulder. I normally carry a small purse with a wide shoulder strap. I know it is the cause of the pain in my shoulder because I have experimented and when I don't carry the purse....the pain goes away. I can't find exactly what I'm looking for in a bag, so I'm trying to find a pattern. I have some good possibilities, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your first bag, it won't be long and you'll be churning them out. What are you looking for Belvie, I may be able to help you.

~Bren~ said...

Too cute! You need to show the first bag you made though!! Where is it?

Andrea said...

that's a cute litle bag ! Looks like you're on the way to be cured of your bagophobia - lol !

jovaliquilts said...

Very cute bag! I use a much smaller purse now and have discovered I really didn't need such a big one. Hope this solves your shoulder problems.