Monday, August 13, 2007

Today was a cleaning day at my house. Mopping floors, dusting, vacuuming, etc. Tomorrow will be more fun. Our local library has a quilting time each month. Anyone is welcome to bring the project they are working on and we sit and do handwork for 2 hours. There are a wide variety of ages and skill levels. We all help one another and just have a fun time talking and stitching. On Wednesday I have my weekly sewing group and on Thursday I have my month applique class. This is going to be a busy week, but at least it will be with things I enjoy.

Since I didn't have anything quilting related to show, I thought I would show you a picture of another thing I enjoy doing. I don't know if you will be able to see in the picture, but there is a hummingbird sitting on the tomato cage in my flower pot.

I put a tomato cage there each year because the little birdies seem to like sitting there to rest. I love watching these little guys. There were 2 at my feeders this evening and they were playing chase. Wish I could get up closer, but they fly away when I go out.







They like my feeders, but they also like my flowers....what little there is left of them after all the heat lately.

My lantana is doing well. It likes heat anyway. I'm not a big orange fan, but I did really like the yellow and orange combination of this lantana. I also have them in white and then in a solid yellow. It is nice to have something blooming and pretty to look at in the heat of summer. I think the hummingbirds like these also....and so do butterflies.

No comments: