Friday, June 29, 2007

Strips, Swags, and Steps

Late yesterday evening, I cut some strips to ruche. These ruched strips will become bluebonnets on the Conway Album I making for DD. I had found this shaded blue that works well for them. I pressed and marked the strips...now I'm doing the stitching to gather them.

I also made the swag templates that will be appliqued onto the center medallion. The placement on the background is a bit tricky since the book does not give a full size line drawing. So, I always make the templates and work out the placement before I cut out the pieces. If you enlarge the picture, you can see my freezer paper templates of the swags. These are going to be made from the same dark burgundy fabric that is the center of the very center flower. The center of that flower is ruched, but it is difficult to see that in this photo. I plan to work on this block this weekend. I still have so much more to do on it. I will try to post a photo of my progress early next week.
No steps to report today as it is still raining at my house.

5 comments:

Angie said...

What a beautiful block! I can't wait to see more of it!!

Unknown said...

Oh, my goodness! Your quilts are so wonderful. The applique is just perfect. Every point is so sharp! You do such nice work! I love the DJ. Your kids are so lucky to have a Mom like you, willing to spend time making these quilts. I know they will cherish them forever. Your hand quilting is very nice. I think you should do a pillow too. Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back soon!

~Bren~ said...

Belvie your ruching is gorgeous. I am so afraid to get to the block in the Masterpiece that has that. I love the berries. I think I have done 1/2 of the gazillion grapes on block #1. They are the size of my pinky nail and the leaves are so tiny. I almost regret not going with something more like like conway album but then I would have all that ruching!...can you tell I am frustrated with little leaves and grapes??

Darlene said...

Wow that is truly stunning! Your work is phenomenal.

Sue said...

I LOVE that block! I'm SO doing the Conway album, you've inspired me!